WHAT TO BRING TO HOSPITAL
Please bring the following important items with your admission details.
You can use this checklist to help you:
- Medicare card
- Pension card
- Health fund membership details
- Health Care Card, if you are eligible for healthcare assistance
- Means of payment for out-of-pocket expenses
- Veterans’ Card, if applicable
- Current imaging (CT, MRI, ultrasound, x-ray)
During your stay in hospital you will need:
- Pyjamas or night gown
- Dressing gown
- Non-slip, supportive slippers or shoes
- Toiletries (including tissues)
- Any medication that you are taking (please give this to your nurse upon admission)
- Comfortable clothes
- Money for television and telephone
You may also like to bring items to pass the time such as books, magazines or craftwork.
We recommend that you label all of your personal items with your full name. Regularly used items, such as reading glasses, mobile phones, hearing aids, and dentures should be stored in a safe and designated area, like your bedside table.
What to leave at home
Please do not bring to hospital more money than the cost of your excess payment and other small incidentals.
Leave at home valuables, jewellery or items of sentimental value – we cannot take responsibility for any valuables you bring to hospital.
St Vincent’s Private Hospital, Fitzroy
59 Victoria Parade, Fitzroy VIC 3065
Tel: 03 9411 7111
Fax: 03 9419 6582